IMO® Medication integrates the content from Lexi-Comp®, an internationally recognized source of medication information, to create an unmatched knowledge resource of pharmacology information. It provides a comprehensive source of information on over 1,700 prescription and over-the-counter medications. This exceptional knowledge source also provides pharmacology information on the use of herbs, nutritional supplements, and 'neutraceuticals'. The software and content come as part of IMO's software developer's kit (SDK) for quick and ready deployment in any application to help reduce medication errors and improve patient care.
What Does It Do?
IMO® Medication links the Lexi-Comp content to controlled terminologies like IMO® Clinical Interface Terminology (CIT), RxNorm and SNOMED® CT, providing codified data tables and components for applications to write prescriptions, provide decision-support, and give detailed educational pharmacology information for clinicians and patients. The mappings provide value by integrating medication management with the rest of the clinical and financial information required by health care organizations. Enhanced indication and contraindication checking at the more specific level of IMO® CIT or SNOMED® CT is vastly superior to links to ICD-9-CM alone. As an added benefit, the content is NDC-encoded and includes up-to-date crosswalks to the UMLS and MeSH.
How and Where Can It Help Me?
Clinicians using a clinical system with IMO® Medication can take advantage of Lexi-Comp's robust medication content in all facets and phases of drug therapy. The system can help clinicians use previously recorded entries in patient problem lists to help plan therapy, check for allergies, interactions, and contraindications. They can suggest appropriate medications, plan therapy based on indications, as well as check for allergies, interactions, contraindications, and maximum dosing. Authoritative references provide information about specific pharmacology information, while detailed, customized patient education materials help patients participate actively in their own care. Our complete solution provides critical and timely information to guide treatment, checks medications against patient problems to reduce errors, and promotes adherence to treatment.
IMO® Medication Components
- Review of interactions with specific agents
- Fully referenced and evidence-based
- Extensive Cytochrome p-450 integration
- Monographs offer patient management and monitoring guidance
- Includes drug-drug, drug-natural product, natural product-natural product, and food-drug interactions.
- Check problem lists and past medical history for contraindications coded with ICD-9-CM, IMO® CIT, or SNOMED® CT before prescribing
- Lists of medications based on established, new, investigational, and off-label indications linked to patient diagnoses coded with ICD-9-CM, IMO® CIT, or SNOMED® CT
- Based on Lexi-Comp's industry-leading Patient Advisory Leaflets (adult and pediatric versions)
- Available in 18 languages (included in Advanced and Comprehensive products)
- Clear and concise statements (5th-6th grade reading level)
- Includes the top 100 most commonly used natural products
- Developed in accordance with FDA, JCAHO, OBRA '90, and Keystone guidelines
- Full color photographs of thousands of oral solid dosage forms.
- Includes key accompanying information such as imprint, dosage form, shape, and color(s)
Three Specific Versions Tailored to Fit Every Need
The IMO® Medication lexicon is available in three different versions depending on the content required:
- Basic: core tables for prescription writing and patient education.
- Advanced: includes all of the features of the Basic module plus predefined common prescriptions, interaction checking, indications, contraindications, warnings, pregnancy status, lactation status, maximum dosing, allergy cross-reactivity, duplicate therapy, images, and multilingual patient education.
- Comprehensive: includes all of the features of the Advanced module plus drug monitoring, online references, and intravenous drug compatibility.
Test Drive Medication Right Now! Click Here